Words Of Comfort
“There is sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but the power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.”
Share Your Story
Throughout our lives, too many of us, have been taught that grieving openly or reaching out for help are signs of weakness. Quite the contrary, taking steps to face your loss, work through your grief and reclaim your wellbeing is incredibly brave. In fact, your story could be a tremendous inspiration to others as they embark on their own path.
If you would like to share a story about your personal healing journey with Good Grief! Grief Counselling Toronto, we would love to hear from you.
- Grief Day by Day: Simple Practices to Help Yourself Survive… and Thrive by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Healing A Friends Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas for Helping Someone You Love Through Loss by Alan D Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Aaron’s Energy: An Unexpected Journey through Grief and the Afterlife with my Brilliant Son by Camille Dan
- Vodka Soup for the Widowed Soul by Michelle Miller
- Widowed: Rants, Raves and Randoms by John Polo
- Living with Loss One Day at a Time by Rachel Blythe Kodanaz
- Radical Survivor: One Woman’s Path Through Life, Love and Uncharted Tragedy by Dr. Nancy Saltzman
- A 2 Z Healing Toolbox: A Practical Guide for Navigating Grief and Trauma with Intention by Susan Hannifin-MacNab, MSW
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didiov
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- Finding Peace, One Piece at a time by Rachel Kodanaz
- Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive by Allison Gilbert
- Losing my Best Friend: Thoughtful Support for Those Affected by Pet Loss by Jeannnie Wycherley
- After Your Pet Dies by Alan D. Wolfelt
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner
Share Your Favourites
Are there special quotes or books that have given you comfort during your healing journey? We encourage you to share your favourite sayings with Good Grief! Bereavement Healing Services.
Text and Online Support
Bob Kemp Hospice